Saturday, June 18, 2011

2011 Fantasy Baseball: I Miss Good Pitching!

The nearest year in 2009, I made the playoffs in the same proportion that the 3 seed in a based on competition, 14-teamer and won the championship.  I went put ~ to repeat in 2010 and won the gold lot again.

After that third finals feature in a row, I realized that maybe I had a template for harmonious fantasy baseball success and that was to esteem great hitting and great pitching.  I noticed that a fortune of teams I was playing through had either phenomenal hitting and acquire-me-over pitching, or phenomenal pitching and induce-me-over hitting.  Those were the guys any one not making playoffs or getting eliminated in the playoffs ~ the agency of me and other worthy teams.  I realized that you have power to't just have one or the other.  You distress them both—strong hitting and hot pitching.  That way, you are censurable and multi-dimensional.  If your hitting sucks, soon afterward your pitching will back you up and evil versa.

This year however, in the 2011 fantasy baseball inure, I tried a little something many just to see if there is a different way of winning besides being ruling on both facets of the amusement.  In my current 16-team confederate, I drafted all batters through the highest 6 rounds and then ended up taking Brandon Morrow with my 7th pickaxe.  I wanted to have an everything-star, power hitting lineup with medial sum pitching.  I just wanted to collision my way through the league.  I wanted to firm-arm the other 15 teams with a skillful roster of speed and authority.  In my draft order, #1 I took Ryan Howard, #2 Prince Fielder, #3 Victor Martinez, #4 Brandon Phillips, #5 Paul Konerko, #6 Stephen Drew, #7 Brandon Morrow, #8 reached as far as concerns Ryan Raburn, #9 Gio Gonzalez, #10 Pablo Sandonval, #11 Michael Bourn, #12 Edinson Volquez, #13 Aroldis Chapman, #14 Denard Span, #15 Brian Duensing, etc…

The promontory I'm trying to make hither is that I've never waited thus long to take a pitcher to be the ace of my team.  I passed up attached all the Lester's, Halladay's, Josh Johnson's, Verlander's and Dan Haren's of the globe, all in the name of hitting.  Now in week 11 of the fantasy baseball form, I find myself hovering around .500 and in the longest winless streak of my course (7 weeks without a win to have ~ing exact).  I am dead last in my form a ~ in team ERA and also WHIP.  I'm at the build of the barrel in wins, losses and K/BB fixed relation.  This has never happened to me in advance of and I have to believe that it is on this account that of the way that I drafted my pitching.  I ignored the zenith aces and now I pay the worth.  I'm trying to trade some of my bats away for each ace arm but that is easier before-mentioned than done.  People are always going to exist way too stingy and protective from beginning to end their players.  People are not evermore going to be quick to mechanical employment away their best pitcher when he's got a 2.00 ERA, greater degree strikeouts than innings and everything otherwise that makes a pitcher look soft.

So the lesson learned in altogether this, draft your hitting and pitching as long as you can!  It is necessary during true fantasy baseball success.  You be required to be strong on both facets of the dauntless and this test year of 2011 instead of me is backing that statement up.  What a exact overlapping that the one year I slip on't draft pitching in the timely rounds, I begin losing.  That is nay coincidence my friends that is that which happens when you are weak in successi~ one end of the spectrum and not piquant on both.  You can call me Davo J. Lawson and I wish spill fantasy knowledge into your fore part!

Questions, comments, short circuits, doubts or dark systems?  Email me:  dlawso77@gmail.com